Cause Connector debuted in February 2021 to connect donors with nonprofit projects making a difference for the causes and communities they care about in Appalachian Ohio. The first round of featured projects from nonprofits, schools, and community organizations closed on April 9. A second round of projects will go live later in 2021.
A site where donors can shop for projects to give to, Cause Connector was designed to give donors the chance to find projects they love so that they can give in the areas that matter most to them. That area might be a specific county or geography or it might be within an interest area – Arts & Culture, Community & Economic Development, Education, Environmental Stewardship, or Health & Human Services.
Learn more about Cause Connector by clicking through the menu below. Click here to sign up for FAO’s eNewsletter to receive a notification when the next round of projects goes live!
Cause Connector is a matchmaker, which can connect you with nonprofit projects serving the causes and communities closest to your heart. On Cause Connector, you can:
- Quickly search by county or cause to identify projects that need support today.
- Trust the impact of your gift. All projects on Cause Connector have been identified by the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio.
- Make double the difference. Your gift will be matched dollar-for-dollar to create an even greater impact for the projects important to you.
- Honor your Valentine with a donation to a meaningful project.
Each gift a donor makes to a Cause Connector project will do two things:
- Half of each donor gift will support nonprofit projects that can begin making a difference right away.
- The other half will be invested in FAO’s I’m a Child of Appalachia® Fund, an endowment fund designed to pursue promising opportunities and meet pressing needs for many years to come.
FAO would love to learn more about your work in Appalachian Ohio's communities and the project you have in mind. Send us an email here with a little bit about your project and your best contact information. We'll look forward to being in touch.
You can read more about all of the projects that have been funded so far right on Cause Connector! The gifts of many donors came together to make these efforts possible. You can search by county or your favorite Pillar - an interest area like Arts & Culture, Community & Economic Development, Education, Environmental Stewardship, or Health & Human Services - to learn more about the work that's most important to you.
Click here to learn more about each project made possible through donors on Cause Connector.
Each round of projects on Cause Connector is just one way that you can connect directly with organizations working across Appalachian Ohio's 32 counties.
Every day, the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio's mission of creating opportunities in our communities is working to invest in the region's nonprofits, schools, and community organizations for the benefit of the people who call our region home. A gift to the I'm a Child of Appalachia Fund has a lasting impact on that work today and for generations.
Give today to make a difference for the children of Appalachia past, present, and future.