2022 Annual Report
For nearly 25 years, we have partnered with you, our community of givers, to create opportunities and advance sustained transformations for the people of Appalachian Ohio, both today and for generations to come.
Thanks to your gifts of time, talent, and treasure, we are able to make meaningful investments that improve health, create educational opportunities, advance economic development and environmental stewardship, and provide access to arts and cultural experiences throughout our region.
In 2022 alone, your generosity enabled us to:
Today, FAO stewards $75 million in charitable assets and 600 separate charitable funds. We also serve as the back-office partner to the region-wide African American Community Fund and 14 geographic affiliates that collaborate through FAO to accelerate local change and grow philanthropic resources for their communities. At the heart of our work is our desire for Appalachian Ohio to gain socioeconomic parity with the rest of the state and the nation and for all who call the region home to experience a rich quality of life and high levels of happiness.
Thank you for joining us to support an abundant future for the people of Appalachian Ohio.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.– Helen Keller
YOUR IMPACT IN APPALACHIAN OHIO
GIVING ROOTED IN COLLABORATION
Our community of givers brings contributions and collaborations together to launch and advance transformative initiatives and local programs that create immediate and long-term impact, driven by our Pillars of Prosperity: arts and culture, community and economic development, education, environmental stewardship, and health and human services.
GIVING IN SUPPORT OF CURRENT, EMERGING, AND FUTURE CHANGEMAKERS
Our community of givers includes donors and current, emerging, and future leaders who are turning their ideas and dreams for their communities into profound and enduring action. In creating opportunities for our communities and our region, there is opportunity for everyone to make a difference.
GIVING THAT IS GROWING AND MAGNIFYING OUR COLLECTIVE IMPACT
Our community of givers is just that – a community, bound to one another by generosity in service to a region. That community grows stronger with each new member and every gift of time, talent, and treasure.
Table of Contents
Foundation for Appalachian Ohio
- African American Community Fund | 2022 Annual Report
- Community Foundation for Perry County | 2022 Annual Report
- Gallia Community Foundation | 2022 Annual Report
- Guernsey County Foundation | 2022 Annual Report
- Harrison County Community Foundation | 2022 Annual Report
- Highland County Community Fund | 2022 Annual Report
- Hocking County Community Fund | 2022 Annual Report
- Jackson County Community Foundation | 2022 Annual Report
- Lawrence County Community Foundation | 2022 Annual Report
- Meigs County Foundation | 2022 Annual Report
- Monroe County Community Foundation | 2022 Annual Report
- Morgan Community Fund | 2022 Annual Report
- Nelsonville Community Foundation | 2022 Annual Report
- Noble County Community Foundation | 2022 Annual Report
- Vinton County Community Fund | 2022 Annual Report
Do you want to be a part of building an abundant future for the people of Appalachian Ohio?
Give today to the I’m a Child of Appalachia® Fund. Every gift makes a difference – in ways that can be seen today and will be felt for generations. For information about giving to other FAO funds, establishing your own named fund, or making a planned gift, call FAO at 740.753.1111.