Rose Elizabeth Bell MacConkey Scholarship Fund for Women Going into a Career in Business
The Rose Elizabeth Bell MacConkey Scholarship Fund for Women Going into a Career in Business will accept applications from February 15, 2021 through March 15, 2021.
The Rose Elizabeth Bell MacConkey Scholarship Fund for Women Going into a Career in Business was established in honor and memory of Rose Elizabeth Bell MacConkey. The scholarship will be awarded to a young woman at Cambridge High School who will be pursuing post-secondary education leading to a career in business.
Rose worked hard to graduate from Cambridge High School in 1935. She was not financially able to attend college fulltime, so she took night classes at the Cambridge Business School, while working. Back then, she had been required to quit her job when she married. Rose had two children and was widowed at a young age. She returned to the work force taking a job in the office of Cambridge High School, where she stayed until she retired in the 1980s.
Rose loved her job and when asked about her accomplishments, she always mentioned her children and working at the Cambridge High School. Rose always believed more women needed to be in business careers and running businesses. Her goals were always to empower women and to help those less fortunate.
To read more about Rose’s life and legacy, click here.
MacConkey Scholarship Fund for Women Going into a Career in Business Eligibility Requirements & Criteria
- A female student, graduating (or a past graduate) from Cambridge High School and attending any university, college, community college or trade, vocational or technical school;
- Must be taking a course of study related to a career in business, e.g., business management, human resources, accounting, or any business-related field;
- Grade point average of 2.5 or above;
- Financial need may be considered; and
- Previous scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for continued support, but preference may be given to Cambridge High School graduating seniors.