Loran and Shirley Stutz Scholarship
Applications accepted from February 15, 2021 through March 15, 2021
The Loran and Shirley Stutz Scholarship Fund was established by Loran and Shirley Stutz to provide students residing and attending school in the East Guernsey Local School District with support for post-secondary education. Their children attended East Guernsey schools, laying the foundation for successful lives after graduation. In gratitude, Loran and Shirley would like to help East Guernsey students in their next steps in education.
Eligibility Requirements and Criteria
- Must be a graduating senior residing and attending school in the East Guernsey Local School District; students attending public, private, career/vocational or parochial schools, as well as homeschooled students, are eligible to apply as long as they reside in the East Guernsey Local School District;
- Applicants must have a 2.5 GPA or higher;
- Applicants must be pursuing post-secondary education at an accredited 2-year, 4-year, or technical/trade school or university; and
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic through outstanding character, academic excellence, involvement with extra-curricular activities, or work experience.
Two scholarships will be awarded each year. Priority consideration for one scholarship award will be given to a student attending a technical/trade school and the second scholarship will be awarded to a student attending a 2-year or 4-year post-secondary institution.
- Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to applicants who best meet the criteria listed above.
- Scholarship awards are made payable directly to the institution of enrollment on the student’s behalf for all education-related expenses.