Lawrence County Community Foundation
For information on ways to give to Lawrence County, click here.
The Lawrence County Community Foundation (LCCF) was established in July 2022 as a vehicle for attracting resources that can be invested to benefit Lawrence County residents today and into the future. A local community fund of the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), LCCF is committed to increasing opportunities for Lawrence County communities and residents by inspiring and supporting philanthropy. The Lawrence Economic Development Corporation, Ironton-Lawrence County Community Action Organization, and Lawrence County Commission spearheaded the creation of the new fund.
2022 Annual Report
To view the Lawrence County Community Foundation’s 2022 annual report, click here.
The Lawrence County Community Fund is partnering with FAO’s I’m A Child of Appalachia® Fund to provide a grant opportunity to nonprofits, schools, and public organizations working to benefit Lawrence County residents.
2023 grant applications closed on September 12, 2023.
Helpful Links and Documents:
2022 Grant Recipients
- RLB Ministries to support its Backpack Buddies program, which works with 17 local schools to provide weekly meal bags, emergency food boxes, clothing, coats, shoes and hygiene items.
- Ironton in Bloom to help with construction of a small park that will enhance downtown revitalization efforts and preserve a piece of the city’s cultural history.
- Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church to help finance a historic structure report, the first step in restoring and renovating the church, Ohio’s first Black church and the only surviving antebellum Black church in the state.
- New Hope United Methodist Church to support its annual back-to-school giveaway of backpacks and school supplies in three of the county’s school districts.
- Third and Center to help support the expansion of its Ironton Riverfront Beautification Project to include an interactive arts experience.
Support the Lawrence County Community Foundation
Your gift will permanently increase grant dollars for the Lawrence County leaders and nonprofits working to increase the quality of life for our communities. As a result of a matching opportunity from the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, your gift will be matched, dollar-for-dollar, doubling your impact.
Contributions to the fund are tax deductible and can be made in a variety of ways, including: outright gifts of cash or long-term appreciated securities; memorial gifts of cash or assets in memory or in honor of someone special; and deferred gifts through bequests, life insurance, and charitable remainder trusts. Click here to download a copy of our future gift intent form.
Donations for the Lawrence County Community Foundation Fund can be sent to the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, 35 Public Square – PO Box 456, Nelsonville, Ohio 45764. Credit card donations can also be made by clicking here and designating the Lawrence County Community Foundation Fund. For additional information, please call FAO at 740.753.1111.
To read the full announcement about the creation of the Lawrence County Community Foundation Fund, click here.