The Jenco Foundation Fund
Celebrating the Legacy of Father Martin Jenco
The Jenco Foundation Fund was established at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO) to recognize citizens of Appalachian Ohio who demonstrate visionary leadership in serving others throughout the region. The Jenco Awards, which began in 2002, uphold the legacy of Father Martin Jenco, who dedicated his life to the service of others.
The Jenco Foundation Fund at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio celebrates people who, like Father Lawrence Martin Jenco, have made a difference in their communities through community service and visionary leadership, including through activism. Established to continue the work of the Jenco Foundation, the Fund offers individual achievement awards to recognize visionary leaders and volunteers who by direct, person-to-person action have worked to increase the dignity and sense of worth of individuals in Appalachian Ohio through creative problem-solving. The award is open to people of all ages serving their communities.
Past Jenco Awardees
- Bobbyjon Bauman was recognized for his dedication and service through the Ohio Valley Youth Network by providing valuable services and programs to the youth of Jefferson County.
- Roxanne Groff of Athens County was recognized for her dedication to advocating for the protection of Appalachian Ohio’s natural wonders, and her encouragement and support for citizen voice and representation in local communities.
- Denise Lucas was recognized for her selfless service in providing medical care and valuable health programming to vulnerable populations of Appalachian Ohio through her work as a volunteer with the Ohio Valley Health Center.
- Megan Macke was recognized for her efforts as an educator working to meet community needs in Vinton County through creative endeavors and encourage a culture of civic engagement and service learning.
- Patty Mitchell of Athens County was recognized for her efforts to empower and advocate for those with developmental differences through arts expression and the model of Passion Works Studio.
In the past, the Jenco Foundation Fund has honored a wide array of exceptional individuals in Appalachian Ohio and West Virginia who have been active in furthering Father Jenco’s vision of philanthropy. To learn more about past recipients, click here.
Supporting the Jenco Award
Want to make sure the Jenco Awards keep uplifting the heroes in your community? Make an online donation through Network for Good to the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, designating the Jenco Foundation Fund or mail gifts to:
Foundation for Appalachian Ohio
PO Box 456
35 Public Square
Nelsonville, OH 45764
For more information contact the Foundation at 740.753.1111