inspiHER Girls Leadership Foundation
The inspiHER Girls Leadership Foundation strives to empower young girls in Fairfield County to dream big, believe in themselves, and to become girls of action in their schools and communities. The Foundation strives to help young girls live up to their fullest potential and provide them with support and resources needed to overcome the many challenges and obstacles girls face in this fast-paced, high-pressured world.
Young girls today are facing a self-esteem crisis. Research shows that girls between the ages of 9-13 experience a sharp decline in confidence during the same time that social pressures and concerns with body image increase. These outcomes set girls (and future women) on a trajectory of self-doubt and lowered self-confidence, ultimately impacting each girl’s sense of value, her ability to thrive, and her sense of feeling she is “good enough”.
As a result, the inspiHER Girls Leadership Foundation’s programming focuses on five core areas: leadership, confidence, resiliency, self-care, and community service. Through our two-day leadership retreat (coming in April of 2020), we hope to inspiHER and empower each girl to develop a sense of who she is and who she wants, while at the same time helping each young girl find her voice.
The Fund will accomplish its aims through the promotion of transformational leadership programs. In the near future, the Fund’s programming will include:
- A leadership retreat – In April, 2020, the Fund will host a host a leadership retreat on Saturday, April 18th in Fairfield County for girls in grades 5-8. The retreat will focus on leadership, skill building, self-confidence, personal development, and community service.
- A tiered mentorship program – The leadership retreat will include a tiered mentorship program developed through the collaboration of Ohio University Lancaster, Fairfield County Educational Service Center, and Fairfield County Job and Family Services. This one-of-a-kind mentorship program will connect young girls with mentors from our local high schools, universities, and professional communities.
- Education and outreach – Through collaboration with community partners and local agencies, the Fund will conduct and publish local research to educate, support, and advocate for girls’ leadership development and opportunities in order to help change the narrative for girls in Fairfield County and throughout the region.
The inspiHER Girls Leadership Foundation is managed by the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio and led in partnership with the Fairfield County Educational Service Center, Fairfield County Job and Family Services, and Ohio University Lancaster. The Fund is directed by the following exceptional leaders from the business, non-profit, and public sector who are dedicated to contributing their time, talent, and resources towards advancing the Fund’s mission and expanding communities committed to increasing leadership opportunities for girls and women across our region:
- Jodi Ranegar, Founder & Executive Director; Curriculum Director/Communications at Bloom-Carroll Local Schools
- Jennifer Blackstone, Chair of the Board of Directors; Curriculum Director at Liberty Union-Thurston Local Schools
- Jill Allen, Vice Chair of the Board; Fitness and Mindset Coach at Jill Allen Training
- Laurie Lach, Secretary for the Board; Director of Development and External Affairs at Ohio University Lancaster
- Laura Tussing, Treasurer for the Board; President of Fairfield National Bank
- Aunie Cordle, Board Member; Director of Fairfield County Job and Family Services
- Natalie Furniss, Board Member; Senior Vice President of P&C Legal, Nationwide Insurance
- Amy Moore, Board Member; Guidance Counselor at Bloom-Carroll Local Schools
- Shianne Swinehart, Board Member; Communications Instructor at Ohio University Lancaster and Founder of Identify Designs
- Lisa Wells, Board Member; Child Advocate
Want to make sure the inspiHER Girls Leadership Foundation has the resources is needs to work toward gender equity in Fairfield County? Make an online donation through Network for Good to the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, designating inspiHER Girls Leadership Foundation, or designate the Fund and mail gifts to Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, PO Box 456, 35 Public Square, Nelsonville, OH 45764.
For more information, contact the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio at 740.753.1111, or visit the inspiHER Girls Leadership Foundation’s website.