Vinton County Community Fund
To donate to the Vinton County Community Fund, click here.
The Vinton County Community Fund (VCCF) was established to ensure permanent support for the citizens and communities of Vinton County. A local community fund of the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), the Vinton County Community Fund works to inspire and support philanthropy.
The Vinton County Community Fund (VCCF), in partnership with the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), is accepting applications from nonprofit and public organizations seeking funding for a project or program serving Vinton County.
VCCF and FAO’s I’m a Child of Appalachia® Fund will award grants to projects or programs that benefit the residents of Vinton County across the five areas essential to generating and sustaining transformative change: Arts & Culture; Community & Economic Development; Education; Environmental Stewardship; and Health & Human Services.
2022 Grant Recipients
- Easterseals Central and Southeast Ohio to sustain and grow the enrollment of Vinton County children in Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library of Ohio.
- Hocking Athens Perry Community Action to support the St. Francis Food Pantry and provide services to food prescription patients in Vinton County.
- United Way of Vinton County to help fund marketing materials, incentives and events for the Vinton County Cares initiative, which is building and implementing a framework for volunteerism in the county.
- Village of McArthur and the McArthur Park Board to help extend a sidewalk and make the restrooms at Wyman Park more accessible.
- Vinton County Soil and Water Conservation District to purchase equipment that will allow for the expansion of the National Archery in the Schools Program locally.
Vinton Committee Members
The Fund is overseen by an Advisory Committee, who will make recommendations on grant awards and participate in special opportunities.
• Ashley Ervin
• Bill Garrett
• Bruce Knox
• Jim Salyer
• Cassi Rice
• Cindy Strausbaugh
• Deanna Tribe
• Jeremy Ward
• Rich Weller
Support the Vinton Community
Contributions to the fund are tax deductible and can be made in a variety of ways, including: outright gifts of cash or long-term appreciated securities; memorial gifts of cash or assets in memory or in honor of someone special; and deferred gifts through bequests, life insurance, and charitable remainder trusts.
Donations for the Vinton County Community Fund can be sent to the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, 35 Public Square – PO Box 456, Nelsonville, Ohio 45764. Credit card donations can also be made by clicking here and designating the Vinton County Community Fund. For additional information, please call FAO at 740.753.1111.