Morgan Community Fund
Morgan Community Fund
To donate to the Morgan Community Fund, click here.
The Morgan Community Fund is a not-for-profit community fund that is managed and operated by a board of directors made up of local volunteers who believe in the future of Morgan County children.
The Fund was established in 2008 with contributions from people in Morgan County who left part of their estates or made cash contributions to the Morgan Community Fund. All the money we receive stays in Morgan County and supports extra-curricular programs. The programs you read about earlier are just a few of the in-depth support and enrichment programs our contributors provide to help young people grow, thrive, and hopefully stay in Morgan County. Many of our programs are recommendations from our donors, and we are happy to accommodate your dreams and wishes by helping you with planned giving.
The Morgan Community Fund (MCF), in partnership with the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), invites nonprofit and public organizations seeking funding for a project or program serving Morgan County to apply for the next grant round. To learn more about when MCF’s next ground round opens, sign up for FAO’s e-newsletter here.
MCF and FAO’s I’m a Child of Appalachia® Fund awarded up to $10,000 in grants to projects or programs that benefit residents of Morgan County. Projects increase quality of life, create access to opportunities, or implement a solution to a need in Morgan County. To learn more about the projects funded by MCF in 2021, see the information below.
2021 Grant Recipients
• MoCo Kitty Kontrol for the annual spay and neuter clinic for Morgan County cats
• Community Action Program Corporation of Washington-Morgan Counties for summer meal site operation and nutritious packed meals for children
• Malta-McConnelsville Joint Recreation Board for rescreening of the Malta Park walking path
• Morgan South Elementary Care Team to provide clothing, hygiene resources, weekly food bags, and more for children
• Morgan County Council on Aging for MoCo Senior Meals program to deliver food to seniors in rural parts of the county
• Shrivers Hospice Foundation for Somebody’s Today Program to provide bucket list-type programs to those in hospice care
• Village of Chesterhill for toward the Marion Park Basketball Court
• Morgan West Elementary for Building Buddies to provide one eco-friendly buddy bench on the playground for outdoor learning
• Morgan East Elementary for expansion of the Mentor Program to additional students and connecting them with enriching experiences during the school year
• Mary’s House at Silver Heels for staff professional development
• American Red Cross East Central Ohio for the Home Fire Campaign in Morgan County for installation of fire alarms
• Morgan Local School District for Aviation and Space Exploration materials to provide students hands-on STEM experiences
The Morgan Community Fund is pleased to announce its 2019 Fortuna Grant recipients!
• Carol Hammond Children’s Theater, awarded $1,400
• Community Action program Corporation of Washington-Morgan Counties, awarded $1,200
• MoCo Kitty Kontrol, awarded $1,000
• Morgan County Convention & Visitors Bureau, awarded $500
• Morgan County Hooked on Fish – Not on Drugs, awarded $2,000
• Morgan East Elementary School, awarded $1,000
• Morgan Local Schools, awarded $500
• Morgan South Elementary School, awarded $1,000
• Morgan Special Olympics, awarded $500
• Rural Action, awarded $900
For more information about 2019 grantees, click here.
Morgan Family of Funds
The Growing Family of Funds includes:
• Morgan Community Fund Endowment
• Morgan Community Fund Auxiliary Program
• Morgan Community Fund
• Morgan Emergency Grant Program
• Morgan County Youth Development Fund
• Morgan Foundation Christmas Wish for Kids
Morgan Committee Members
• Cinda Erickson
• Julia Garber
• Sarah Griesmyer
• Tyler Hickerson
• Quincy Robe
• Adam Shriver
• Kelsey Wells
• Richard Wetzel
• Mike Workman
The Morgan Community Fund Auxiliary is a volunteer community service organization that was established in 2019 by the board of directors of the Morgan Community Fund for the purpose of engaging younger people to use their talents and energy to make our county a better place to live, work, and raise our families. The Morgan Community Fund Auxilary committee members include:
• Whitney Blackburn
• Luke Bragg
• Misty Bragg
• Kenna Hambel
• Melissa Hivnor
• Matt Hupp
• Klarissa James
• Amy Kirkbride
• Ashley Lauer
• Cas Maxwell
• Shayna Roberts
• Frannie Smedley
Support the Morgan Community
The Morgan Community Fund is affiliated with the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides administrative and investment services to local community funds in all 32 counties in Appalachian Ohio. FAO is professionally managed by a staff of experienced and dedicated leaders who give their hearts to improving the quality of life for all people in Appalachian Ohio. If you would like to know more about FAO, you can visit them at www.appalachianohio.org
Click here to donate now — just make sure to designate the Morgan Community Auxiliary Program Fund when donating.
If you would like to learn more about the Morgan Community Fund, contact us directly at:
The Morgan Community Fund
67 E. Main St.
P.O. Box 577
McConnelsville, OH 43756