Morgan Community Fund
For information on ways to give to Morgan County, click here.
The Morgan Community Fund is a not-for-profit community fund that is managed and operated by a board of directors made up of local volunteers who believe in the future of Morgan County children.
The Fund was established in 2008 with contributions from people in Morgan County who left part of their estates or made cash contributions to the Morgan Community Fund. All the money we receive stays in Morgan County and supports extra-curricular programs. The programs you read about earlier are just a few of the in-depth support and enrichment programs our contributors provide to help young people grow, thrive, and hopefully stay in Morgan County. Many of our programs are recommendations from our donors, and we are happy to accommodate your dreams and wishes by helping you with planned giving.
2022 Annual Report
To view the Morgan Community Fund’s 2022 annual report, click here.
The Morgan Community Fund is partnering with FAO’s I’m A Child of Appalachia® Fund to provide a grant opportunity to nonprofits, schools, and public organizations working to benefit Morgan County residents.
2023 grant applications closed on September 12, 2023.
Helpful Links and Documents:
2022 Grant Recipients
- Habitat for Humanity of Southeast Ohio to assist with a home build in Malta in partnership with the Morgan County Construction Trade Program.
- Malta McConnelsville Joint Recreation Board to help fund the purchase and installation of new swings at the Malta & McConnelsville Kiwanis-Jaycee Community Park.
- Malta McConnelsville Rotary Club to support its Rotarians Feeding Morgan County’s Hungry initiatives.
- MoCo Kitty Kontrol to help support spay/neuter clinics.
- Morgan County Health Department to purchase baby/toddler clothing and diapers for a new countywide Mother’s Day Baby Shower for low-income expectant families and those with newborns and toddlers.
- Morgan Local Schools to support the launch of a new model rocket program to encourage STEM education and career exploration in aerospace and space sciences.
- Morgan Youth Soccer to purchase new nets and goals and paint for the field.
- Muskingum Valley Council Boy Scouts of America to provide scholarships and campership assistance for youth members living in Morgan County.
- Muskingum Valley Educational Service Center to support a driver’s education program at Morgan Local High School.
- Rising Suns Pharmacy to assist with postage costs associated with mailing prescriptions and supplies to the uninsured and underinsured served by the Southeast Ohio Free Pharmacy.
- Twin City Opera House for stage lighting improvements.
The Morgan Community Fund is pleased to announce its 2019 Fortuna Grant recipients!
• Carol Hammond Children’s Theater, awarded $1,400
• Community Action program Corporation of Washington-Morgan Counties, awarded $1,200
• MoCo Kitty Kontrol, awarded $1,000
• Morgan County Convention & Visitors Bureau, awarded $500
• Morgan County Hooked on Fish – Not on Drugs, awarded $2,000
• Morgan East Elementary School, awarded $1,000
• Morgan Local Schools, awarded $500
• Morgan South Elementary School, awarded $1,000
• Morgan Special Olympics, awarded $500
• Rural Action, awarded $900
For more information about 2019 grantees, click here.
Morgan Family of Funds
The Growing Family of Funds includes:
• Morgan Community Fund Endowment
• Morgan County – Christmas in the Village Fund
• Morgan Community Fund Auxiliary Program
• Morgan Community Fund
• Morgan Emergency Grant Program
• Morgan County Youth Development Fund
• Morgan Foundation Christmas Wish for Kids
• Morgan County Historical Society Fund
• S.P.O.T. & MoCo Kitty Endowment
Morgan Committee Members
• Cinda Erickson
• Sarah Griesmyer
• Tyler Hickerson
• Quincy Robe
• Adam Shriver
• Kelsey Wells
• Richard Wetzel, Emeritus
• Mike Workman, Emeritus
The Morgan Community Fund Auxiliary is a volunteer community service organization that was established in 2019 by the board of directors of the Morgan Community Fund for the purpose of engaging younger people to use their talents and energy to make our county a better place to live, work, and raise our families. The Morgan Community Fund Auxilary committee members include:
• Whitney Blackburn
• Luke Bragg
• Misty Bragg
• Kenna Hambel
• Melissa Hivnor
• Matt Hupp
• Klarissa James
• Amy Kirkbride
• Ashley Lauer
• Cas Maxwell
• Shayna Roberts
• Frannie Smedley
Support the Morgan Community
The Morgan Community Fund is affiliated with the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides administrative and investment services to local community funds in all 32 counties in Appalachian Ohio. FAO is professionally managed by a staff of experienced and dedicated leaders who give their hearts to improving the quality of life for all people in Appalachian Ohio. If you would like to know more about FAO, you can visit them at www.appalachianohio.org
Click here to donate now — just make sure to designate the Morgan Community Auxiliary Program Fund when donating.
If you would like to learn more about the Morgan Community Fund, contact us directly at:
The Morgan Community Fund
67 E. Main St.
P.O. Box 577
McConnelsville, OH 43756