Jackson County Community Foundation Fund
To donate to the Jackson County Community Foundation Fund, click here.
The Jackson County Community Foundation (JCCF) Fund was created to give back, inspire pride, and promote development in Jackson County now and for future generations.
The goals of JCCF are to help Jackson County residents give locally, ensuring Jackson County resources benefit the community and citizens of Jackson County. JCCF also aims to make a lasting difference through the power of endowment.
The Jackson County Community Foundation (JCCF), in partnership with the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), invites nonprofit and public organizations seeking funding for a project or program serving Jackson County to apply for the next grant round. To learn more about when JCCF’s next ground round opens, sign up for FAO’s e-newsletter here.
JCCF and FAO’s I’m a Child of Appalachia® Fund awarded up to $10,000 in grants to projects or programs that benefit residents of Jackson County. Projects increase quality of life, create access to opportunities, or implement a solution to a need in Jackson County. To learn more about the projects funded by JCCF in 2021, see the information below.
2021 Grant Recipients
• Jackson City Library for MakerSpace, an area for patrons to create items and build curiosity in science and engineering
• City of Jackson for the Hillcrest Skatepark Upgrade project
• City of Wellston for the Downtown Outdoor Accessories project to purchase benches, picnic tables, and more for the downtown historic district
• God’s Hands At Work for its mobile food pantry
Jackson Family of Funds
The Growing Family of Funds includes:
• Jackson County Community Foundation Fund
• Bellisio Foods Scholarship Fund
• Bellisio Foods Foundation Fund
• Jackson High School Class of 1962 Scholarship Fund
• Carol M Evans Memorial Scholarship
• Dr. Allen Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund
• The Chris Bullion Memorial Scholarship
• The Stockmeister Family Fund
Jackson Committee Members
The Jackson County Community Foundation, with support from FAO, is guided by an Advisory Committee, who works with the community to determine the best use of grant funding for local needs and opportunities.
• Sandra Borden
• Cindy Kidd
• John Jones
• Susan Stockmeister
• Carol Wright
Support the Jackson Community
Contributions to the fund are tax deductible and can be made in a variety of ways, including: outright gifts of cash or long-term appreciated securities; memorial gifts of cash or assets in memory or in honor of someone special; and deferred gifts through bequests, life insurance, and charitable remainder trusts.
Donations for the Jackson County Community Foundation Fund can be sent to the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, 35 Public Square – PO Box 456, Nelsonville, Ohio 45764. Credit card donations can also be made online by designating the Jackson County Community Foundation Fund. For additional information, please call FAO at 740.753.1111