Highland County Community Fund
To donate to the Highland County Community Fund, click here
A permanent endowment fund at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), the Highland County Community Fund was created to assist the Highland County community in growing philanthropic resources to enrich quality of life. The Fund will make grants to support the community from its interest and earnings, ensuring permanent resources designed to address Highland County’s changing needs over time.
The Highland County Community Fund (HCCF), in partnership with the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), invites nonprofit and public organizations seeking funding for a project or program serving Highland County to apply for the 2022 grant round.
HCCF and FAO’s I’m a Child of Appalachia® Fund will award at least $10,000 in grants to projects or programs that benefit residents of Harrison County across five areas essential to generating and sustaining transformative change: Arts & Culture; Community & Economic Development; Education; Environmental Stewardship; and Health & Human Services.
Projects should increase quality of life, create access to opportunities or implement a solution to a need in Highland County. Requests are encouraged to be between $500 and $5,000, though requests above this range may be considered based on impact.
2022 applications are currently closed and under review. Grantees will be announced in Quarter 4 2022.
2022 Grant Recipients
- Alternatives to Violence Center to assist domestic violence victims with housing costs.
- American Red Cross of South Central Ohio to purchase smoke detectors for area homes.
- Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland Council to help support 174 girls in Highland County through the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church to help fund its monthly “Soup’s On” free community meal.
- Wilmington College to provide scholarships for Highland County children with disabilities to attend a summer therapeutic horse-riding camp.
Highland Committee Members
• Marty Bailey
• Ron Coffey
• David Daniels
• Susan Davis
• Kara Juillerat
• Mick McLaughlin
• Shawn Priest
Support the Highland Community
Gifts are tax deductible and can be made in many ways, including cash, bequests, life insurance and charitable remainder trusts. To mail your donation, please designate the Highland County Community Fund and mail to Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, PO Box 456, Nelsonville, OH 45764. Make a secure online donation by clicking here, noting the Highland County Community Fund. To learn more, contact FAO at 740.753.1111.