Community Foundation for Perry County
To donate to the Community Foundation for Perry County, click here.
To donate to the CFPC’s Fill the Freezer Campaign or to learn more, click here.
The Community Foundation for Perry County is dedicated to improving the quality of life for the Perry community, both now and for generations to come. Established in 2012 by past and present residents, the goal of CFPC is to establish permanent funds and resources to make a direct and lasting difference for Perry County. CFPC is an additional avenue of support for residents to give locally, ensuring Perry County resources benefit our community and citizens.
The Community Foundation for Perry County (CFPC), in partnership with the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), invites nonprofit and public organizations seeking funding for a project or program serving Perry County to apply for the 2022 grant round.
CFPC and FAO’s I’m a Child of Appalachia® Fund will provide grants to projects or programs benefitting residents of Perry County across five areas essential to generating and sustaining transformative change: Arts & Culture; Community & Economic Development; Education; Environmental Stewardship; and Health & Human Services. Projects should increase quality of life, create access to opportunities or implement a solution to a need in Perry County. Up to $25,000 is available to award. Requests are encouraged to be between $500-$5,000, though requests over $5,000 may be considered based on impact.
2022 applications are currently closed.
- Destination Shawnee to help equip Shawnee Showtime, a monthly event providing children and families access to movies and educational documentaries without the expense of tickets, refreshments and travel.
- Perry County Cultural Arts Center to support its summer art workshops.
- Perry County Health Department to support the creation of a pollinator garden adjacent to the New Lexington Wetlands Project.
- Perry Soil and Water Conservation District to help fund a geophysical survey of the “squircle” area in Glenford Fort Preserve, a 63-acre site that will become an outdoor laboratory and education center.
- Rendville Historic Preservation Society to support an urgent restoration to the front face of the Town Hall as part of the Rendville Heritage Center, scheduled to partially open in 2023.
- Rural Action to help fund a Family Fishing Day event at Lake Tecumseh.
- Somerset Artists’ Cooperative to help fund next summer’s Kids Creativity Camp.
- Tecumseh Theater to support its Saturday Matinees and the creation of a community work of theatrical art.
- Village of Hemlock to help secure veteran banners, American flags and Ohio flags to be displayed within the village.
• Habitat for Humanity of Southeast Ohio to support the 2022 Perry County Habitat Build with the next home slated for Junction City
• American Red Cross – East Central Ohio for the Home Fire Campaign in Perry County toward fire safety training and assistance
• Ludowici Community Foundation for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library to support the expansion of this program
• Perry County Job & Family Services for the Perry JFS Diaper Bank providing diapers and wipes to parents in need
• Rural Action, Inc. for Family Fishing Day at Lake Tecumseh
• Tecumseh Theater for the Winter Arts Camp for children, creating a community work of theatrical art, culminating in a group performance
• New Lexington Schools for the Little Free Library to be established at the entrance of the New Lexington Elementary fitness trail
• Perry County Cultural Arts Center for the Hansel and Gretel Musical Production Workshop, a two-week theatrical workshop for students, culminating in the production of “Hansel and Gretel”
• In celebration of Perry County’s 200th birthday, CFPC launched Endow 200, a campaign to expand impact by growing permanent dollars through 200 gifts of $5,000. By growing the CFPC’s endowment to about $1 million, Endow 200 will allow CFPC to create a brighter future for Perry County by generating approximately $50,000 in grants for the community annually – more than ten times what the CFPC is currently able to give.
• The Community Foundation for Perry County is partnering with GeoPartners and Perry County organizations to map broadband access, speeds, and cost in Perry County to better inform future investments in this important resource in the county.
Perry Family of Funds
The Growing Family of Funds includes:
• Community Foundation for Perry County
• Ben and Alyce Shaver Scholarship Fund
• Blake Underwood Student Learning Grant Fund
• Bob and Ruth Holland Community Fund
• Bope Family Fund
• Briggs Family Scholarship Fund
• Bruce and Dolores Hannah Scholarship Fund
• Catherine Blankenship Scholarship Fund
• Charlene Joseph Scholarship Fund
• Commander Lambert Scholarship Fund
• Corning Alumni Association Scholarship Fund
• Crooksville Arts Council Scholarship Fund
• Donald and Catherine Palmer Scholarship Fund
• Hazel Post Fisher Community Fund
• Holy Trinity School Endowment Fund
• Jack and Clara Reho Scholarship Fund
• Janet Hursey Koehler Wade Scholarship Fund
• Jesse, Olema, & Ralph Drake Scholarship Fund
• Jimmy Wood Memorial Scholarship Fund
• John and Elsie Exenkemper Scholarship Fund
• Jim and Vicki Palmer Legacy Scholarship
• Joesph and Marie Lichtenstein Scholarship Fund
• Ludowici Community Foundation Fund
• Murray and Lulu Brown Scholarship Fund
• Outreach Emergency Disaster Shelter Fund
• Partners For Your Health
• Paul and Charlotte Hope Scholarship Fund
• Perry County Historical & Cultural Arts Society
• Perry County Hunger Relief Fund
• Perry County Sportsman Club Endowment
• Perry County Single Parent Support Fund
• Robert Woodruff and Charles & Elizabeth Woodruff Scholarship
• Shawnee Alumni Association Scholarship
• Somerset Community Fund
• Somerset Horticultural Endowment
• Southern Perry County Academic Endowment
• Supporting Families Fund
• The Clay Center of Ohio Endowment Fund
• Upper Rush Creek Revitalization Project
• Vincent and Gene Hope Scholarship Fund
• William and Frances Dunlap Scholarship Fund
Perry Committee Members
• Jeanette Addington
• Judge Luann Cooperrider
• Jeff Dennis
• Tony Fiore
• Deb Hutmire
• Tom Johnson
• Theressa Kane
• Tim McLain
• Chris Mooney
• Julie Paxton
• Tim Sword
• John Winnenberg
• Kevin Wood
Support the Perry Community
Gifts are tax deductible and can be made in many ways, including cash, bequests, life insurance and charitable remainder trusts. To mail your donation, please designate the Perry Community Foundation Fund and mail to Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, PO Box 456, Nelsonville, OH 45764. To learn more, contact FAO at 740.753.1111.