Applications are now available for the Ohio Nonprofit Excellence Award! The award recognizes creativity, execution, achievement, and overall excellence of a specific project or program completed by an Ohio nonprofit in 2010. Share the great work of your organization!
Created by OANO, the awards are open to any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Ohio. There is no fee to apply for the award. Applications are welcome from small, medium and large-sized groups, as well as newer or well-established organizations.
Award applications are due February 11. Finalists and award winners will be recognized at an awards luncheon at the Ohio Statehouse on May 5. Click here for an application.
2010 Award Winners and Their Projects:
- Food for Thought, Toledo – Mobile Pantry Program
- Detroit Shoreway Community Development Organization (DSCDO), Cleveland – Capitol Theatre
- Westerville Area Resource Ministry (WARM), Westerville – Steps to Overcome Poverty (STOP)
- Ohio Heartland Community Action Commission (OHCAC), Marion – The United Community Rx Program
- The Cincinnati Eye Institute Foundation, Cincinnati – The Roselawn Eye Clinic
- Premier Community Health, Dayton – My Sister’s Keeper
Also, the Ohio Association of Nonprofit Organizations (OANO), the statewide leader and resource provider for Ohio’s nonprofit sector, is currently researching the possibility of offering back office collaborations with nonprofits to provide bookkeeping and accounting services.
With the challenges of the current economy, organizations are searching for new ways to reduce expenses. Back office collaborations can save thousands in administrative costs, reduce the burden associated with day-to-day financial duties, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of your organization.
Please take a few minutes to complete this short survey about your organization’s current financial system and your interest in collaborating with OANO. This survey will take less than 5 minutes to complete.