W. Donald and Marian Porter Huffman Family Scholarship
The W. Donald and Marian Porter Huffman Family Scholarship application is now closed and will open in early 2021.
The W. Donald and Marian Porter Huffman Family Scholarship was established to support students of Ashtabula or Harrison counties who are already pursuing post-secondary education at an accredited 2-year, or 4-year or technical/vocational school or university.
Huffman Scholarship Eligibility Requirements & Criteria
- Scholarships are available to students who have graduated from secondary schools in Ashtabula or Harrison Counties who have completed their first year of post-secondary education (completing 45 credit hours or 30 semester hours, i.e., sophomore status; or the equivalence in technical/vocational programs);
- Demonstrated academic achievement with at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale;
- Financial need;
- Leadership potential demonstrated in extracurricular activities, community involvement or work experience;
- A strong work ethic and a commitment to ethical behavior and kindness demonstrated by good character.
- Priority consideration will be given to students pursuing certificates and/or degrees in education, public service, or medical fields.
- Previous scholarship recipients who demonstrate a high level of academic success and require support to continue their studies are eligible to apply for continued support and will be given priority consideration until their graduation.