Bellisio Foods Scholarship
The Bellisio Foods Scholarship will accept applications from February 15, 2021 through March 15, 2021.
Established in honor of Bellisio Foods founder, Jeno Paulucci, the Bellisio Foods Scholarship, funded by the Bellisio Foods Fund at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), supports post-secondary scholarships for children and grandchildren of Bellisio Foods employees.
The Bellisio Foods Scholarship supports the pursuit of post-secondary education at trade and technical schools, community colleges, and four-year universities. Scholarship recipients are selected based on their demonstration of character, community service, financial need, academic performance, and overall potential.
Eligibility Requirements and Criteria:
- Recipients shall be chosen on the basis of: financial need, character as evidenced by personal conduct, values, and attitudes and behaviors towards others; and community service as evidenced by leadership, service and activities; and academic performance and potential.
- Applicants must be dependent children of a current employee in good standing for at least one year, including biological children, legally adopted children, children placed with employees for adoption, stepchildren and any children for whom an employee is the legal guardian; grandchildren of employees, regardless of dependent status, also qualify. Employees may be at any U.S. location of Bellisio Foods. Dependents and grandchildren of senior executives are excluded.
- Candidates must be pursuing post-secondary education, full or part-time, at an accredited vocational or technical training program, community college or four-year college in the U.S.
- Candidates must have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.00 scale.
- Priority will be given to students receiving the Bellisio Food Scholarship award for the first time and no student may receive more than four (4) awards.
- Assistance is not intended for pursuit of advanced degrees (e.g. Master’s degree).
Scholarship awards are determined by number of applicants. Scholarship awards are made payable directly to the institution of enrollment on the student’s behalf, for the purposes and expenses associated with tuition, fees, textbooks, and required supplies and equipment.
The Bellisio Foods Scholarship was established in honor of Bellisio foods founder, Jeno Paulucci. Bellisio Foods, one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing frozen food companies, is the maker of a wide variety of frozen food brands, including Michelina’s, Boston Market, Authentic Asia, Eating Well, EAT!, and Atkins. The Bellisio Foods fund awards scholarships to children and grandchildren of Bellisio Foods employees pursuing post-secondary education, including technical and trade school, community college, university, etc. Bellisio’s leadership and scholarship fund encourages economic success and access to educational opportunity.