Harrison County Community Foundation Fund
To donate to the Harrison County Community Foundation Fund, click here.
The Harrison County Community Foundation (HCCF) was founded in 2012 to create opportunities in our county and to give us all a place where we can give back to make the biggest difference in Harrison County. HCCF has been growing permanent funds to invest in our county’s nonprofits, schools, and communities.
The Harrison County Community Foundation (HCCF), in partnership with the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), invites nonprofit and public organizations seeking funding for a project or program serving Harrison County to apply for the 2022 grant round.
HCCF and FAO’s I’m a Child of Appalachia® Fund will award funding to projects or programs that benefit residents of Harrison County across five areas essential to generating and sustaining transformative change: Arts & Culture; Community & Economic Development; Education; Environmental Stewardship; and Health & Human Services.
Projects should increase quality of life, create access to opportunities, or implement a solution to a need in Harrison County. Grant requests should be between $500 and $5,000, but larger requests will be considered based on impact.
2022 Grant Recipients
- Community Hospice to support its You’re Not Alone Youth Bereavement Camp, serving children ages 7-17.
- Deersville Community Players to upgrade the theater’s stage flooring.
- Deersville Community Volunteer Fire Department to help fund improvements to its parking lot.
- Freeport Volunteer Fire Department to purchase safety gear for firefighters.
- Harrison County Tourism Council Inc. for construction of a new outdoor performance backstage area at Sally Buffalo Park.
- Harrison County Metropolitan Housing Authority to help expand the A-Z Learning Lab.
- Humane Society of Harrison County for the spaying or neutering of feral, stray and owned cats.
- Presbyterian Church of Cadiz to expand its micro-pantry.
- Tri-County Help Center to support its community education and outreach initiative.
- WVU Medicine Harrison Community Hospital to support the launch of a program that will offer discounted laboratory testing to the uninsured and underinsured.
In addition to encouraging investments to provide grants and leadership for quality of life projects in Harrison County, the Community Fund also serves to encourage and support others in establishing funds to benefit the County’s organizations and citizens, including: scholarships, organizational endowments, school system endowments and other advised funds.
The Harrison County Community Foundation recently launched its Puzzle for Prosperity campaign to develop $1 million in permanent dollars to benefit Harrison County for years to come. To learn more about the Puzzle for Prosperity, please visit the campaign webpage.
Harrison Family of Funds
The Growing Family of Funds includes:
- Harrison County Community Foundation Fund
- Chad Clay Memorial Fund
- Chevron Community Fund
- Gulfport Energy Fund
- Harrison County Arts & Culture Fund
- Harrison Central Soccer Fund
- Harrison County Imagination Library Fund
- Husky Education Fund
- W. Donald and Marian Porter Huffman Family Scholarship Fund
- Jewett United Methodist Church Endowment Fund
Harrison Committee Members
The Fund is overseen by an Advisory Committee, who will make recommendations on grant awards and participate in special opportunities.
• Allison Anderson
• Todd Dunlap
• Lori Milleson
• Scott Pendleton
• Bob Positano
• Kris Puskarich
• Matthew Puskarich
• John Tabacchi
• Sandi Thompson
Support the Harrison Community
Contributions to the fund are tax deductible and can be made in a variety of ways, including: outright gifts of cash or long-term appreciated securities; memorial gifts of cash or assets in memory or in honor of someone special; and deferred gifts through bequests, life insurance, and charitable remainder trusts.
Donations for the Harrison County Community Foundation Fund can be sent to PNC Bank Attn: Mike Sliva, 235 South Main Street, Cadiz, Ohio 43907 or to the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, 35 Public Square – PO Box 456, Nelsonville, Ohio 45764. Credit card donations can also be made by clicking here and designating the Harrison County Community Foundation Fund. For additional information, please call FAO at 740.753.1111.