Gallia Community Foundation
For information on ways to give to Gallia County, click here.
A permanent endowment fund at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), the Gallia Community Foundation was created to assist the Gallia County community in growing philanthropic resources to enrich quality of life. The Fund will make grants to support the community from its interest and earnings, ensuring permanent resources designed to address Gallia County’s changing needs over time.
2022 Annual Report
To view the Gallia Community Foundation’s 2022 annual report, click here.
The Gallia Community Foundation is partnering with FAO’s I’m A Child of Appalachia® Fund to provide a grant opportunity to nonprofits, schools, and public organizations working to benefit Gallia County residents.
2023 grant applications closed on September 12, 2023.
Helpful Links and Documents:
2022 Grant Recipients
- Easterseals Central and Southeast Ohio to help enroll additional Gallia County children in Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library of Ohio.
- Economic and Community Development Institute to support the Women’s Business Center of Central Appalachia’s Lunch-and-Learn series and its forthcoming Dinner-and-Development series.
- Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland Council for its Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- God’s Hands At Work for its mobile food pantry.
- John Gee Black Historical Center to initiate a bathroom remodel project.
Gallia Family of Funds
Join the Family of Funds serving the Gallia County community by making a gift to an existing fund or by establishing a named fund to benefit your passion and community.
The Growing Family of Funds includes:
• Gallia Community Foundation Fund
• Bill C. Campbell Memorial Endowment
• Downtown Revitalization Project Fund
• French Art Colony Endowment
• Gallia County Arts & Culture Fund
• Gallia County Fair Relocation Fund
• Gallipolis/Gallia County Bicentennial Fund
• Ohio Valley Bank Foundation Fund
Gallia Committee Members
• Olivia Rees
• Jodie McCalla Penrod
• Katie Ratliff
• Arun Sharma
• Rachel Merry-Harvey
• Nick Roach
Support the Gallia Community
Gifts are tax deductible and can be made in many ways, including cash, bequests, life insurance and charitable remainder trusts. To mail your donation, please designate the Gallia Community Foundation Fund and mail to Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, PO Box 456, Nelsonville, OH 45764. To learn more, contact FAO at 740.753.1111.